Pork and Vegetable Chow Mein Recipe
- 1 pound pork tenderloin, trimmed
- 1 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1/4 cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 cup thinly sliced carrots
- 1 cup thinly sliced celery
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup coarsely chopped cabbage
- 1 cup coarsely chopped fresh spinach
- 1. Partially freeze pork. Slice across the grain into 1/4-in. thick strips; set aside. Combine broth, soy sauce, cornstarch and ginger; set aside. In a large skillet that has been coated with cooking spray, stir-fry pork and garlic for 5 minutes or until lightly browned. Add carrots, celery, onion, cabbage and spinach; stir-fry for 3 minutes. Add broth mixture; cover and simmer for 3 minutes. Yield: 5 servings.
One 1-cup serving equals 167 calories, 4 g fat (0 saturated fat), 55 mg cholesterol, 506 mg sodium, 11 g carbohydrate, 0 fiber, 22 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 lean meat, 2 vegetable.
Reviews for Pork and Vegetable Chow Mein
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.