Pork and Sweet Potatoes Recipe
- 6 pork loin chops (5 ounces each)
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 cup orange juice
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground mace
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon salt, optional
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 large sweet potatoes (1-1/4 pounds)
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1. In a skillet over medium heat, brown pork chops in oil. Place in a 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. In a saucepan, combine orange juice, brown sugar, mace, ginger, salt if desired and pepper; bring to a boil. pour over chops. Cover and bake at 350° for 30 minutes. Peel potatoes; cut into 1/3-in. slices. Brush with butter. Turn chops. Cover with potatoes; baste with pan juices. Cover and bake 40 minutes longer or until potatoes are tender. Remove chops and potatoes to a serving platter; cover and keep warm. Dissolve cornstarch in water; stir into pan juices. Bring to a boil; boil for 2 minutes, stirring constantly. Pour over pork chops and potatoes. Yield: 6 servings.
1 each: 0g saturated fat (0 sugars, 0 fiber). Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1-1/2 starch.
Reviews for Pork and Sweet Potatoes
"This was okay. We thought it could have been more flavorful...might have even liked it to be a little sweeter."