Pork and Sweet Potato Stew Recipe
For a delicious stew to warm up any cold night, try this recipe. It is so yummy especially when served with a slice of homemade bread.
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 10 min. Cook: 35 min. YIELD:2 servings
- 3/4 pound pork chop suey meat
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 small garlic clove, minced
- 1 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 small onion, quartered
- 1 medium sweet potato, peeled and cubed
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 1. In a small bowl, toss pork with mustard. In a large resealable plastic bag, combine flour and brown sugar; add pork and shake to coat.
- 2. In a large saucepan coated with cooking spray, cook pork in oil until pork is browned on all sides. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Stir in broth. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15 minutes.
- 3. Stir in the onion, sweet potato, salt and pepper. Return to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer 15-20 minutes longer or until meat and vegetables are tender. Stir in parsley. Yield: 2 servings.
1-1/2 cup equals 458 calories, 17 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 100 mg cholesterol, 844 mg sodium, 35 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 39 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC