- 3/4 pound pork chop suey meat
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 3 tablespoons King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 small garlic clove, minced
- 1 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 small onion, quartered
- 1 medium sweet potato, peeled and cubed
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- In a small bowl, toss pork with mustard. In a large resealable plastic bag, combine flour and brown sugar; add pork and shake to coat.
- In a large saucepan coated with cooking spray, cook pork in oil until pork is browned on all sides. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Stir in broth. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Stir in the onion, sweet potato, salt and pepper. Return to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer 15-20 minutes longer or until meat and vegetables are tender. Stir in parsley. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Sweet Potato Pork Stew in The Taste of Home Cookbook 2008, p177
Reviews for Pork and Sweet Potato Stew(1)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review