Pork and Pear Stir-fry Recipe
I've served this full-flavored stir-fry for years, always to rave reviews. Tender pork and ripe pears make a sweet combination, and a spicy sauce adds plenty of zip. This dish is a must for help-yourself luncheons or fellowship dinners. -Betty Phillips, French Creek, West Virginia
- 1/2 cup plum preserves or preserves of your choice
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon prepared horseradish
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 medium sweet yellow or green pepper, julienned
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon minced fresh gingerroot
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 3 medium ripe pears, peeled and sliced
- 1 pound pork tenderloin, cut into 1/4-inch strips
- 1 can (8 ounces) sliced water chestnuts, drained
- 1-1/2 cups fresh or frozen snow peas
- 1 tablespoon sliced almonds, toasted
- Hot cooked rice
- In a small bowl, combine the first six ingredients; set aside. In a skillet or wok, stir-fry yellow pepper and ginger in oil for 2 minutes. Add pears; stir-fry for 1 minute or until pepper is crisp-tender. Remove and keep warm.
- Stir-fry half of the pork at a time for 1-2 minutes or until meat is no longer pink. Return pear mixture and all of the pork to pan. Add water chestnuts and reserved sauce. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes. Add peas; heat through. Sprinkle with almonds. Serve with rice. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Pork and Pear Stir-fry in Taste of Home August/September 2000, p25
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Pork and Pear Stir-fry
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Apr. 3, 2011
very good, easy, left out red pepper as husband is on low spice and it was fine.
Reviewed May. 26, 2010
We eat this often.
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Almond Recipes >
- Asian Dinners >
- Asian Recipes >
- Diabetic Dinner Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Low Fat Dinner Recipes & Main Dishes >
- Low Fat Recipes >
- Nut Recipes >
- Pea Recipes >
- Pork Dinner Recipes >
- Pork Main Dishes >
- Pork Recipes >
- Pork Tenderloin Recipes >
- Quick Dinner Recipes >
- Quick Pork Dinner Recipes >