- uncovered, for 7 minutes. Add the squash, zucchini and mushrooms.
- Cook, uncovered, 6-7 minutes more or until pasta and vegetables are
- tender. Drain; set aside and keep warm.
- Combine cornstarch with cold water until smooth; add to the pork
- mixture and mix well. Bring to a boil; boil and stir for 2 minutes.
- To serve, place pasta and vegetables in a serving dish; top with
- pork mixture. Yield: 6 servings.
Nutritional Facts:Diabetic Exchanges: One 1-1/2-cup serving (prepared with salt-free lemon-pepper seasoning and low-sodium chicken broth and without salt) equals 2 starch, 2 meat, 1 vegetable; also, 309 calories, 371 mg sodium, 46 mg cholesterol, 35 gm carbohydrate, 22 gm protein, 9 gm fat.
Wine: Medium-Bodied Red Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.