- 1 pound lean boneless pork, cut into 1-inch strips
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon-pepper seasoning
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium onion, sliced into thin wedges
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 3/4 cup salsa
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 3 quarts water
- 1 teaspoon salt, optional
- 1 package (8 ounces) spiral pasta
- 1 cup fresh cut green beans (1-inch pieces)
- 1 cup sliced yellow summer squash
- 1 cup sliced zucchini
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons cold water
- Toss pork and lemon-pepper; brown in oil in a skillet over medium heat. Add onion and garlic; saute until tender. Stir in the broth, salsa and brown sugar; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15-20 or until pork is tender.
- Meanwhile, in a large saucepan over medium heat, bring water and salt if desired to a boil. Add pasta and beans; return to a boil. Cook, uncovered, for 7 minutes. Add the squash, zucchini and mushrooms. Cook, uncovered, 6-7 minutes more or until pasta and vegetables are tender. Drain; set aside and keep warm.
- Combine cornstarch with cold water until smooth; add to the pork mixture and mix well. Bring to a boil; boil and stir for 2 minutes. To serve, place pasta and vegetables in a serving dish; top with pork mixture. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Pork and Pasta Stew in Country Pork 1996, p34
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.
Reviews for Pork and Pasta Stew
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review