Pork and Onion Kabobs Recipe
A sweet and savory marinade brings out the best in pork, as these grilled kabobs prove. They're a super summer supper, easy to prepare and fun to serve to company. The pork is so tasty grilled with onion wedges. -Mary Lou Wayman, Salt Lake City, Utah
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 15 min. + marinating Grill: 15 min. YIELD:6 servings
- 1/2 cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1/4 cup chili sauce
- 1/4 cup honey
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped onion
- 2 teaspoons curry powder
- 2 pounds boneless pork, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 3 medium onions, cut into 1-inch wedges
- 1. In a small bowl, combine the first six ingredients. Remove half for basting; cover and refrigerate. Pour remaining marinade into a large resealable plastic bag. Add the pork; seal bag and turn to coat. Cover and refrigerate for 3 hours or overnight.
- 2. Drain and discard marinade. On six metal or soaked wooden skewers,
- 3. alternately thread pork and onions.
- 4. Grill, uncovered, over medium heat for 5 minutes; turn. Baste with reserved marinade. Continue turning and basting for 10-15 minutes or until meat is tender. Yield: 6 servings.
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC