Pork and Onion Kabobs Recipe
- 1/2 cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1/4 cup chili sauce
- 1/4 cup honey
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped onion
- 2 teaspoons curry powder
- 2 pounds boneless pork, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 3 medium onions, cut into 1-inch wedges
- In a small bowl, combine the first six ingredients. Remove half for basting; cover and refrigerate. Pour remaining marinade into a large resealable plastic bag. Add the pork; seal bag and turn to coat. Cover and refrigerate for 3 hours or overnight.
- Drain and discard marinade. On six metal or soaked wooden skewers,
- alternately thread pork and onions.
- Grill, uncovered, over medium heat for 5 minutes; turn. Baste with reserved marinade. Continue turning and basting for 10-15 minutes or until meat is tender. Yield: 6 servings.
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.
Reviews for Pork and Onion Kabobs
Sort By :
"This was quite simply delicious. I was worried the curry would overpower, but I was wrong. This marinade is very delicious and the pork was so moist and delicious. In fact, it was probably one of the tastiest pork dishes I have made. Definitely a keeper."
"Wonderful! We added green and red pepper to the kabobs.....the marinade is so good. We marinated the pork overnight, then forgot about basting until the kabobs were almost done. Wish we had basted the whole time, but these were still sooooooo good! A keeper for sure!"
"This is going to become a favorite in our house!! We used low sodium soy sauce in the marinade, pork tenderloin for the pork and yellow sweet onions. The recipe is easy and so delicious!"
"Absolutely wonderful and I don't even like curry."
"These kabobs are so wonderful and easy. I never cared for curry but I love it in this recipe."