Pork and Noodles Recipe
- 6 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce, divided
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon minced fresh gingerroot
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 pound boneless pork loin, cut into 2-inch strips
- 4 ounces uncooked thin spaghetti
- 3 teaspoons canola oil, divided
- 4 cups thinly sliced napa (Chinese) cabbage
- 2 large onions, sliced
- 1 cup thinly sliced carrots
- 1/3 cup sweet white wine or chicken broth
- 4-1/2 teaspoons sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1. In a resealable plastic bag, combine 2 tablespoons of soy sauce, ginger and garlic; add pork. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for 30 minutes. Cook pasta according to package directions; drain.
- 2. In a large nonstick skillet or wok, stir-fry pork in 2 teaspoons oil for 3 minutes. Remove and keep warm. sTir-fry the cabbage, onions and carrots in remaining oil for 2-4 minutes or until crisp-tender. Add the wine or broth, sugar, red pepper flakes and remaining soy sauce. Cook over medium-high heat for 1 minute. Add spaghetti and pork; toss to coat. Yield: 6 servings.
One serving (1 cup) equals 276 calories, 7 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 50 mg cholesterol, 663 mg sodium, 29 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 21 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 lean meat, 2 vegetable, 1 starch, 1/2 fat.
Reviews for Pork and Noodles
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.