Pork and Noodles Recipe
- 6 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce, divided
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon minced fresh gingerroot
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 pound boneless pork loin, cut into 2-inch strips
- 4 ounces uncooked thin spaghetti
- 3 teaspoons canola oil, divided
- 4 cups thinly sliced napa (Chinese) cabbage
- 2 large onions, sliced
- 1 cup thinly sliced carrots
- 1/3 cup sweet white wine or chicken broth
- 4-1/2 teaspoons sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- In a resealable plastic bag, combine 2 tablespoons of soy sauce, ginger and garlic; add pork. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for 30 minutes. Cook pasta according to package directions; drain.
- In a large nonstick skillet or wok, stir-fry pork in 2 teaspoons oil for 3 minutes. Remove and keep warm. sTir-fry the cabbage, onions and carrots in remaining oil for 2-4 minutes or until crisp-tender. Add the wine or broth, sugar, red pepper flakes and remaining soy sauce. Cook over medium-high heat for 1 minute. Add spaghetti and pork; toss to coat. Yield: 6 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Pork and Noodles(2)
Sort By :
Very tasty, though I only used the chicken broth instead of the wine. I also doubled the amount of pasta, which stretched it nicely, but it would have been better with only 4 ounces. I thought 2 onions was way too much, so I only used one, and the kids picked them out of theirs. Be sure to slice the onions very thin, or they won't cook all the way through.
Very tasty - the sweet white wine adds a unique flavor. I think I would add mushrooms and snow peas next time for some added veggies.
More Recipe Collections
- Asian Dinners >
- Asian Recipes >
- Carrot Recipes >
- Diabetic Dinner Recipes >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Dinner Recipes >
- Healthy Dinners >
- Healthy Main Dishes >
- Healthy Recipes >
- Pasta Recipes >
- Pork Chop Recipes >
- Pork Dinner Recipes >
- Pork Main Dishes >
- Pork Recipes >
- Quick Dinner Recipes >