Pork and Mushroom Breakfast Pizza Recipe
- 1 tube (8 ounces) refrigerated crescent rolls
- 1 pound Jimmy Dean® Premium Pork Sausage Roll
- 1 can (4 ounces) sliced mushrooms, drained
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- Separate crescent roll dough into eight triangles and place on an ungreased 12-in. round pizza pan with points toward the center. Press over bottom and up sides to form a crust; seal perforations. Bake at 350° for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a skillet, cook and crumble sausage. Drain; place over crust. Sprinkle with mushrooms and cheeses.
- Bake at 350° for 15 minutes or until cheese is melted. Yield: 8-10 servings.
Sweet Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet red wine.
Reviews for Pork and Mushroom Breakfast Pizza
Sort By :
"My husband loves this recipe. I added scrambled eggs (not completely cooked as they'll cook more in the oven), onion and green pepper. I also used Jimmy Dean pork sausage instead of ground pork--doesn't need to be cooked. I substituted tube pizza dough and pre baked it for about 9 minutes. The nice thing about pizzas is you can use what you like or what you have on hand. Don't be afraid to experiment."
"My gang realy liked this, but I have to admit I added chopped green pepper, onions, to this. Love the idea of crescent rolls for the crust."
"Good but I would add next time in order to be a real breakfast pizza... keep the sausage and mushrooms and add cheese, and onions and peppers mixed in an egg mixtures like you would do an omelet. will try this soon and let you know how my additions try out."
"Good starter but this needs help. Onions, garlic, salt & pepper and red pepper flakes. I don't think I have ever followed a recipe exactly - I either don't have an ingredient and have to substitute or just want a different flavor. Some folks aren't as creative in the kitchen and truly benefit from what others add/delete/change in a recipe. I say "kudos" to those that experiment and let others know!"
"I really enjoy reading the different ideas people have. Sometimes, it is good to change it up because of allergies, or just to have something a little different so you don't get tired of a good thing! This sounds great as is, but the changes sound good too...especially bacon..yum."