Pork and Green Chili Casserole Recipe
- 1-1/2 pounds boneless pork, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 2 cans (4 ounces each) chopped green chilies
- 1 cup Minute® Brown Rice
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 to 3 tablespoons salsa
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1. Preheat oven to 350°. In a large skillet, brown pork in oil; drain. Add beans, soup, tomatoes, chilies, rice, water, salsa and cumin; cook and stir until bubbly.
Pour into an ungreased 2-qt. baking dish. Bake, uncovered, 30 minutes or until bubbly. Sprinkle with cheese; let stand 5 minutes before serving.
Freeze option: Sprinkle cheese over cooled unbaked casserole. Cover and freeze. To use, partially thaw in refrigerator overnight. Remove from refrigerator 30 minutes before baking. Preheat oven to 350°. Bake casserole as directed, increasing time as necessary to heat through and for a thermometer inserted in center to read 165°. Yield: 6 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 390 calories, 15 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 81 mg cholesterol, 814 mg sodium, 29 g carbohydrate, 6 g fiber, 32 g protein.
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.