Pork and Green Chili Casserole
I work at a local hospital and also part-time for some area doctors, so I'm always on the lookout for good, quick recipes to fix for my family. Some of my co-workers and I exchange recipes. This zippy casserole is one that was brought to a picnic at my house. People raved over it.
-Dianne Esposite, New Middletown, Ohio
6 ServingsPrep: 20 min. Bake: 30 min.
- 1-1/2 pounds boneless pork, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 2 cans (4 ounces each) chopped green chilies
- 1 cup Minute® Brown Rice
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 to 3 tablespoons salsa
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large skillet, brown pork in oil;
- drain. Add beans, soup, tomatoes, chilies, rice, water, salsa and
- cumin; cook and stir until bubbly.
- Pour into an ungreased 2-qt. baking dish. Bake, uncovered, 30 minutes
- or until bubbly. Sprinkle with cheese; let stand 5 minutes before
- serving. Yield: 6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 390 calories, 15 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 81 mg cholesterol, 814 mg sodium, 29 g carbohydrate, 6 g fiber, 32 g protein.