- 1-1/2 pounds boneless pork, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 2 cans (4 ounces each) chopped green chilies
- 1 cup quick-cooking brown rice
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 to 3 tablespoons salsa
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large skillet, brown pork in oil; drain. Stir in the beans, soup, tomatoes, chilies, rice, water, salsa and cumin.
Pour into an ungreased 2-qt. baking dish. Bake, uncovered, 30 minutes or until bubbly. Sprinkle with cheese; let stand 5 minutes before serving.
Freeze option: Sprinkle cheese over cooled unbaked casserole. Cover and freeze. To use, partially thaw in refrigerator overnight. Remove from refrigerator 30 minutes before baking. Preheat oven to 350°. Bake casserole as directed, increasing time as necessary to heat through and for a thermometer inserted in center to read 165°. Yield: 6 servings.
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Pork and Green Chili Casserole
"It was easy to make and enjoyed by everyone even the picky eater."
"I made this exactly as recipe called for. It was okay but nothing that jumped out. I had 3/4 left over (3 of adults eatting). The second night I added a can of Mexicorn and a can of regular Rotel. I would give this 5 stars the second night. Rotel gave it a much needed kick."
"I'll have to try this one, it sounds great! Let you know later what happens (especially when I add my usual to the recipe!) Mr. Cookasaurus"
"corn makes a good addition"
"Made this for years. My husband likes. I put in chili powder and 1 C cheese."