Pork and Fruit Kabobs Recipe
"The original version of this recipe called for beef. But I use pork for a change of pace," shares Karen Salyer from Campobello, South Carolina. A delightful honey-sweetened marinade brings out the best in her healthy selection of vegetables and lean tenderloin cubes.
- 3/4 cup apricot nectar
- 6 tablespoons dry white wine or lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 3 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1-1/2 teaspoons dried thyme
- 1 pork tenderloin (1 pound), cut into 1-inch cubes
- 2 medium sweet potatoes (about 1 pound), peeled and cubed
- 2 medium zucchini, cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 16 dried apricots, halved
- In a small bowl, combine the first six ingredients. Pour 1/2 cup marinade into a large resealable plastic bag; add pork. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for at least 8 hours or overnight.
- Meanwhile, place sweet potatoes in a saucepan; cover with water. Cover and bring to a boil. Cook until tender, about 8-10 minutes; drain well. Pour remaining marinade into another resealable plastic bag. Add potatoes and zucchini. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for at least 8 hours or overnight.
- Drain pork and discard marinade. Drain vegetables, reserving marinade for basting. On eight metal or soaked wood skewers, alternately thread pork, potatoes, zucchini and apricots.
- Using long-handled tongs, moisten a paper towel with cooking oil and lightly coat the grill rack. Grill, uncovered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from the heat for 3 minutes, turning and basting with reserved marinade. Grill or broil 4-5 minutes longer or until meat run clear, turning and basting frequently with reserved marinade. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Pork and Fruit Kabobs in Light & Tasty August/September 2004, p33
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Pork and Fruit Kabobs(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
More Recipe Collections
- BBQ Pork Recipes >
- Diabetic Dinner Recipes >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Father's Day Dinners >
- Father's Day Recipes >
- Grilled Kabobs >
- Grilled Pork Recipes >
- Grilled Zucchini >
- Grilling Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Dinner Recipes >
- Healthy Dinners >
- Healthy Main Dishes >
- Healthy Recipes >
- July 4th Dinner >
- July 4th Recipes >
- Labor Day Main Dishes >
- Labor Day Recipes >
- Low Fat Dinner Recipes & Main Dishes >
- Low Fat Recipes >
- Low Sodium Dinner Recipes >
- Low Sodium Recipes >