Pork and Fettuccine Alfredo
Basil comes through in the great savory flavor of creamy fettuccine sauce. Chicken can be substituted for pork in this colorful dish from Suzanne Carman of Oshkosh, Wisconsin.
2 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 2 ounces uncooked fettuccine
- 2 boneless pork loin chops (5 ounces each), cubed
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 1 cup 2% milk
- 1-1/2 cups frozen sugar snap stir-fry vegetable blend, thawed
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon lemon-pepper seasoning
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh basil
- Cook fettuccine according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, saute pork in butter and oil until
- meat juices run clear. Stir in flour until blended. Gradually add
- milk; stir in the vegetable blend, cheese, salt and lemon-pepper.
- Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until thickened.
- Drain fettuccine; toss with pork mixture and basil. Yield: 2
Nutritional Facts: 1-3/4 cups (prepared with reduced-fat butter) equals 500 calories, 21 g fat (9 g saturated fat), 94 mg cholesterol, 685 mg sodium,