- with a slotted spoon; keep warm.
- Remove roast to a serving platter; keep warm. Strain pan drippings.
- Add enough broth to drippings to measure 1-3/4 cups. Pour into a
- small saucepan. Place remaining flour in a bowl; stir in cold water
- until smooth. Gradually stir into broth mixture. Bring to a boil;
- cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Serve with roast and
- dumplings. Yield: 8-10 servings (16 dumplings).
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 437 calories, 13 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 168 mg cholesterol, 719 mg sodium, 37 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 41 g protein.
Wine: Light-Bodied Red Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.