Pork and Corn Casserole Recipe
A satisfying supper includes this casserole fresh from the oven, a garden salad and buttermilk biscuits. It's a winner every time!—Karen Sesto, South Portland, Maine
- 7 cups uncooked egg noodles
- 1 pound ground pork
- 1 small green pepper, chopped
- 1 can (14-3/4 ounces) cream-style corn
- 1 can (11-1/2 ounces) condensed chicken with rice soup, undiluted
- 1 jar (2 ounces) diced pimientos, drained
- 8 ounces process cheese (Velveeta), cubed
- 1/2 cup dry bread crumbs
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1. Cook noodles according to package directions; drain. Meanwhile in a large skillet, cook pork and green pepper over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain.
- 2. In a large bowl, combine the noodles, corn, soup, pimientos, cheese and pork mixture.
- 3. Transfer to a greased shallow 2-1/2-qt. baking dish. Combine bread crumbs and butter; sprinkle over noodle mixture. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until bubbly and top is golden brown. Yield: 6-8 servings.
1 serving (2 cups) equals 455 calories, 21 g fat (10 g saturated fat), 97 mg cholesterol, 915 mg sodium, 44 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 23 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC