Pork and Corn Barbecue Recipe
Traditional barbecued pork sandwiches are livened up with cumin and corn. Alongside a green salad and chips, this is a hot and hearty meal that's sure to please.
- 1 boneless pork shoulder butt roast (4 pounds)
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 3 medium onions, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/3 cup water
- 1/4 cup cider vinegar
- 2 cups barbecue sauce
- 1 can (15-1/4 ounces) whole kernel corn, drained
- 16 hard rolls, split
- 1. In a Dutch oven, brown roast in oil on all sides; remove. Keep warm and set aside. Saute onions in drippings until tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer.
- 2. Return roast to Dutch oven. Add the salt, cumin, oregano, water and vinegar. Cover and bake at 350° for 2-1/2 to 3 hours or a thermometer reaches 160°.
- 3. Remove meat and shred with two forks; set aside. Skim off excess fat from pan juices. Stir in the barbecue sauce, corn and reserved pork; heat through. Serve on rolls. Yield: 16 servings.
1 each: 350 calories, 11g fat (3g saturated fat), 47mg cholesterol, 826mg sodium, 40g carbohydrate (9g sugars, 3g fiber), 20g protein.
Reviews for Pork and Corn Barbecue
© 2017 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC