THIS all-in-one dish makes a meal with great flavor. It's perfect if you're cooking for one or two, but the ingredients can be multiplied to serve a larger number. My mother-in-law shared this recipe with me years ago. Quick and easy to prepare, it has been one of our family's favorites. -Tina Brown, Chico, California
- 2 pork loin chops (1/2 inch thick)
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 3 cups shredded cabbage
- In an ovenproof skillet, brown chops in oil on both sides; remove and set aside. To drippings, add sour and seasonings; bring to a boil. Return chops to skillet; add cabbage. Cover and bake at 350° for 50-60 minutes or until meat is tender. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Pork and Cabbage Supper in Reminisce November/December 1996, p45
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
Reviews for Pork and Cabbage Supper
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review