- 2 pork loin chops (1/2 inch thick)
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 3 cups shredded cabbage
- In an ovenproof skillet, brown chops in oil on both sides; remove and set aside. To drippings, add sour and seasonings; bring to a boil. Return chops to skillet; add cabbage. Cover and bake at 350° for 50-60 minutes or until meat is tender. Yield: 2 servings.
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
Reviews for Pork and Cabbage Supper
"The guys liked it so I will be making this again."
"Pretty good, definately easy. Added a handful of sliced fresh mushrooms. I used 3 chops instead of 2 and there ended up being plenty of sauce for the extra chop. Not amazing, but a good and easy fall/winter recipe."
"Used 4 pork chops, 1/3 bell pepper and 4 fresh mushrooms, sliced. Great recipe"
"I think sour is a misprint it should say soup. I don't understand why the sodium count is so high. Can anyone give me a clue as to why the high count? This sounds like a good and easy recipe and I will be trying it soon."
"I think some of this recipe is missing. It says to add sour and seasonings to the drippings but sour what and how much. Please advise. Thank you. firstname.lastname@example.org"