Pork and Cabbage Sandwiches
This recipe has a wonderful combination of pork sausage and cabbage. They are a perfect busy weeknight sandwich because it is so quick to make.—Elaine Fenton, Prescott, Arizona
8-12 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Cook: 25 min.
- 1 pound bulk pork sausage
- 7 cups shredded cabbage
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- Hamburger buns or pita bread
- In a large skillet, brown sausage; drain. Add cabbage, onion, red
- pepper, water, salt and sugar; mix well. Cover and cook for 20
- minutes or until the vegetables are tender, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in sour cream and heat through. Serve on buns or in pita bread.
- Yield: 8-12 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 cup) equals 104 calories, 8 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 17 mg cholesterol, 264 mg sodium, 5 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 4 g protein.