Pork and Beef Barbecue
Nutrition Facts: 1 sandwich equals 444 calories, 12 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 69 mg cholesterol, 684 mg sodium, 52 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 32 g protein.
12 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Cook: 6 hours
- 1 can (6 ounces) tomato paste
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup chili powder
- 1/4 cup cider vinegar
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/2 pounds beef stew meat, cut into 3/4-inch cubes
- 1-1/2 pounds pork chop suey meat or pork tenderloin, cut into 3/4-inch cubes
- 3 medium green peppers, chopped
- 2 large onions, chopped
- 12 sandwich buns, split
- Lettuce and tomatoes, optional
- In a 5-qt. slow cooker, combine the first six ingredients. Stir in
- beef, pork, green peppers and onions. Cover and cook on low for 6-8
- hours or until meat is tender.
- Shred meat with two forks. Serve on buns with lettuce and tomatoes if
- desired. Yield: 12 servings.
Wine: Light-Bodied Red Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.