Pork and Beef Barbecue Recipe
- 1 can (6 ounces) tomato paste
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup chili powder
- 1/4 cup cider vinegar
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/2 pounds beef stew meat, cut into 3/4-inch cubes
- 1-1/2 pounds pork chop suey meat or pork tenderloin, cut into 3/4-inch cubes
- 3 medium green peppers, chopped
- 2 large onions, chopped
- 12 sandwich buns, split
- Lettuce and tomatoes, optional
- 1. In a 5-qt. slow cooker, combine the first six ingredients. Stir in beef, pork, green peppers and onions. Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours or until meat is tender.
- 2. Shred meat with two forks. Serve on buns, with lettuce and tomatoes if desired. Yield: 12 servings.
1 sandwich equals 444 calories, 12 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 69 mg cholesterol, 684 mg sodium, 52 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 32 g protein.
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.