It's the combination of beef stew meat and tender pork that keeps friends and family asking about these tangy sandwiches. Add a little lettuce and tomato for a crisp contrast. —Corbin Detgen, Buchanan, Michigan
- 1 can (6 ounces) tomato paste
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup chili powder
- 1/4 cup cider vinegar
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/2 pounds beef stew meat, cut into 3/4-inch cubes
- 1-1/2 pounds pork chop suey meat or pork tenderloin, cut into 3/4-inch cubes
- 3 medium green peppers, chopped
- 2 large onions, chopped
- 12 sandwich buns, split
- Lettuce and tomatoes, optional
- In a 5-qt. slow cooker, combine the first six ingredients. Stir in beef, pork, green peppers and onions. Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours or until meat is tender.
- Shred meat with two forks. Serve on buns, with lettuce and tomatoes if desired. Yield: 12 servings.
Originally published as Pork and Beef Barbecue in Taste of Home April/May 2001, p53
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
Reviews for Pork and Beef Barbecue
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review