- 1 can (6 ounces) tomato paste
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup chili powder
- 1/4 cup cider vinegar
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/2 pounds beef stew meat, cut into 3/4-inch cubes
- 1-1/2 pounds pork chop suey meat or pork tenderloin, cut into 3/4-inch cubes
- 3 medium green peppers, chopped
- 2 large onions, chopped
- 12 sandwich buns, split
- Lettuce and tomatoes, optional
- In a 5-qt. slow cooker, combine the first six ingredients. Stir in beef, pork, green peppers and onions. Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours or until meat is tender.
- Shred meat with two forks. Serve on buns with lettuce and tomatoes if desired. Yield: 12 servings.
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
Reviews for Pork and Beef Barbecue
Sort By :
"This was easy and good, It called for 3 green peppers, We don't care for bell peppers so I used anaheim pepper less chili powder next time I think I'll use cubanelle pepper, they are very hard to find were we live"
"I am still surprised that I made Barbecue and didn't use sauce from a jar or bottle since this was my first time making it myself. My husband and I both enjoyed it and I will be making it again. I went a little light on the chili powder since I don't like spicy and it had just enough kick for me. Too much for my 3.5 yr old though. Super Easy!!!"
"I was a little concerned that this wouldn't turn out good when I was making it and that it would be too spicy for my 1 and 4 year olds. But it was very good and they both liked it, too. It was a simple and easy recipe to make."