My mom and dad, who are both great cooks, instilled in me a love of cooking. I enjoy experimenting with different recipes and couldn't wait to try this unique stew. I prepare it for my family at least once a month. - Keli Lamb, Coupeville, Washington
Recommended: 21 Healthy Fall Stews to Warm Up Cold Nights
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 3 pounds ground beef
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 2 cans (10-3/4 ounces each) condensed tomato soup, undiluted
- 2-2/3 cups water
- 2 envelopes taco seasoning
- 2 cups each diced carrots and celery
- 2 cups cubed potatoes
- 1 can (28 ounces) pork and beans, undrained
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a skillet, cook beef and onion over medium heat until no longer pink.
- Meanwhile, in a Dutch oven, bring the soup, water and taco seasoning to a boil. Add vegetables and return to a boil.
- Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 20 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Drain beef; add to stew. Simmer, uncovered, for 5 minutes. Stir in pork and beans; heat through. Add salt and pepper. Yield: 12 servings (3 quarts).
Originally published as Pork and Beans Stew in Taste of Home Ground Beef Cookbook 1999, p152