Pork and Apple Skewers Recipe
- 3/4 cup barbecue sauce
- 1/2 cup DOLE® Canned 100% Pineapple Juice
- 1/4 cup honey mustard
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1-1/2 pounds pork tenderloin, cut into 3/4-inch cubes
- 5 medium unpeeled tart apples
- 1. In a large resealable plastic bag or shallow glass container, combine the first six ingredients; mix well. Reserve 1/2 cup for basting and refrigerate. Add pork to remaining marinade and turn to coat. Seal bag or cover container; refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
- 2. Drain and discard marinade. Cut the apples into 1-1/2-in. cubes. Alternate pork and apples on metal or soaked wooden skewers.
- 3. Grill, uncovered, over medium heat, for 3 minutes on each side. Baste with the reserved marinade. Continue turning and basting for 8-10 minutes or until meat juices run clear and apples are tender. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews for Pork and Apple Skewers
"My family really enjoyed this! We will be making this many times in the future."
"Yummy! I used granny smith apples and substituted teriyaki instead of soy sauce. SO GOOD! Will definitely make again."
"I have made this recipie several times and each time it tasted great! I will keep making it for sure."
"I made a variation on this recipe (since the weather wasn't good for grilling) by using sliced pork tenderloin, marinated and then baked in a pan with the apple slices @ 350F for 45 mins. or so - turned out really nice!"
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.