Pork 'N' Veggie Packets Recipe
- 1 pork tenderloin (1 pound), sliced
- 2 cups fresh broccoli florets
- 2 cups sliced fresh carrots
- 1 can (8 ounces) sliced water chestnuts, drained
- 1 medium green pepper, julienned
- 2 green onions, sliced
- 1/4 cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 4 teaspoons sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- Hot cooked rice, optional
- 1. Divide the pork, broccoli, carrots, water chestnuts, green pepper and onions evenly among four pieces of double-layered heavy-duty foil (about 18 in. x 12 in.). Combine the soy sauce, sesame oil and ginger; drizzle over pork and vegetables. Fold foil around filling and seal tightly.
- 2. Grill, covered, over medium heat for 10-12 minutes or until vegetables are tender and pork is no longer pink. Serve with rice if desired. Yield: 4 servings.
One serving (1 packet, calculated without rice) equals 265 calories, 9 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 67 mg cholesterol, 621 mg sodium, 19 g carbohydrate, 7 g fiber, 27 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 2 vegetable, 1/2 starch.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.