"I love the flavor of grilled food, especially these no-mess pork packets with their delicious sesame and ginger sauce," writes Andrea Bolden of Unionville, Tennessee. "Since the doctor put my husband on a low-fat diet, this all-in-one meal has become a favorite of ours."
Recommended: 21 Sheet Pan Dinners to Make Tonight
- 1 pork tenderloin (1 pound), sliced
- 2 cups fresh broccoli florets
- 2 cups sliced fresh carrots
- 1 can (8 ounces) sliced water chestnuts, drained
- 1 medium green pepper, julienned
- 2 green onions, sliced
- 1/4 cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 4 teaspoons sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- Hot cooked rice, optional
- Divide the pork, broccoli, carrots, water chestnuts, green pepper and onions evenly among four pieces of double-layered heavy-duty foil (about 18 in. x 12 in.). Combine the soy sauce, sesame oil and ginger; drizzle over pork and vegetables. Fold foil around filling and seal tightly.
- Grill, covered, over medium heat for 10-12 minutes or until vegetables are tender and pork is no longer pink. Serve with rice if desired. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Pork 'N' Veggie Packets in Light & Tasty June/July 2003, p19
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Pork 'N' Veggie Packets
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Jun. 17, 2011
"I have made this several times now. Very good flavor and easy to make."