Pork 'n' Veggie Kabobs Recipe
- 1/4 cup hoisin sauce
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh cilantro
- 1/2 teaspoon red wine vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon grated lime peel
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 pound pork tenderloin, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 small yellow summer squash, cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 1/2 medium green pepper, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1/2 sweet onion, cut into 4 wedges
- 1. In a small bowl, combine the first nine ingredients. Divide marinade between two large resealable plastic bags. Add pork to one bag and vegetables to the other; seal bags and turn to coat. Refrigerate for 2 hours.
- 2. Drain and discard marinade. On four metal or soaked wooden skewers, alternately thread pork, squash, green pepper and onion. Grill, covered, over medium heat or broil 4-6 in. from the heat for 5-8 minutes on each side or until pork juices run clear. Yield: 2 servings.
2 each: 214 calories, 6g fat (2g saturated fat), 63mg cholesterol, 158mg sodium, 16g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 4g fiber), 26g protein Diabetic Exchanges: 0 starch, 3 lean meat, 2 vegetable.
Reviews for Pork 'n' Veggie Kabobs
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.