Instead of traditional salads that are tossed together, this is layered with somewhat tropical ingredients for a beautiful presentation. It's wonderful for special occasions.
- 1 can (20 ounces) pineapple chunks, undrained
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons curry powder
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1 small bunch romaine
- 3 pounds sweet potatoes, cooked, peeled and sliced
- 2 cups cubed cooked pork
- 1 medium green pepper, cut into chunks
- 1 small onion, minced
- 1/4 cup slivered almonds, toasted, optional
- Drain pineapple, reserving 3 tablespoons juice; set pineapple aside. Combine the juice, mayonnaise, curry powder and paprika. Line a large serving platter with romaine. Arrange potatoes, pork, pineapple, green pepper and onion on top. Sprinkle with almonds if desired. Top with curry dressing. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Pork 'n' Sweet Potato Salad in Country Pork 1996, p16
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Pork 'n' Sweet Potato Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review