Choose your favorite bottled barbecue sauce to jazz up the tender shredded pork in these satisfying sandwiches. A topping of tangy homemade coleslaw gives them a tasty twist. —Test Kitchen
- 3 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 4 teaspoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon celery seed
- 1/4 teaspoon mustard seed
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup shredded green cabbage
- 1 cup shredded cabbage
- 1 large carrot, shredded
- 1-1/2 pound pork tenderloin
- 1 cup barbecue sauce
- 6 kaiser rolls, split
- For coleslaw, in a bowl, whisk together the first eight ingredients. Add cabbage and carrot; toss to coat. Set aside.
- Broil pork 4-6-in. from the heat for 6-7 minutes on each side or until a meat thermometer reads 160°. Let stand for 5 minutes. Cut into strips or shred with two forks; place in a bowl. Add barbecue sauce and toss to coat. Serve 1/2 cup pork mixture and 1/3 cup coleslaw on each roll. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Pork 'n' Slaw Sandwiches in Light & Tasty August/September 2002, p29
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
Reviews for Pork 'n' Slaw Sandwiches
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review