Pork 'n' Potato Skillet Recipe
This was one of the specials I offered in my small cafe years ago. Diners were always surprised to hear that boxed potatoes were the basis for this down-home dish.
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 10 min. Cook: 30 min. YIELD:4-6 servings
- 1-1/2 to 2 pounds boneless pork, cut into 3/4-inch cubes
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 package (4.9 ounces) scalloped potatoes
- 2 cups hot water
- 1 medium green pepper, cut into rings
- 1 medium tomato, cut into wedges
- 1. In a skillet over medium heat, brown pork in oil; add celery. Cook until celery is tender; drain. Combine milk and mayonnaise until smooth; add to the skillet. Stir in potatoes, contents of sauce packet and water; mix well. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15-20 minutes or until potatoes, contents of sauce packet and water; mix well. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15-20 minutes or until potatoes are tender, stirring occasionally. Arrange green pepper and tomato on top. Cover and simmer for 10-15 minutes or until peppers are tender. Yield: 4-6 servings.
1 serving (1 cup) equals 422 calories, 25 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 77 mg cholesterol, 551 mg sodium, 22 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 26 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC