This was one of the specials I offered in my small cafe years ago. Diners were always surprised to hear that boxed potatoes were the basis for this down-home dish.
- 1-1/2 to 2 pounds boneless pork, cut into 3/4-inch cubes
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 package (4.9 ounces) scalloped potatoes
- 2 cups hot water
- 1 medium green pepper, cut into rings
- 1 medium tomato, cut into wedges
- In a skillet over medium heat, brown pork in oil; add celery. Cook until celery is tender; drain. Combine milk and mayonnaise until smooth; add to the skillet. Stir in potatoes, contents of sauce packet and water; mix well. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15-20 minutes or until potatoes, contents of sauce packet and water; mix well. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15-20 minutes or until potatoes are tender, stirring occasionally. Arrange green pepper and tomato on top. Cover and simmer for 10-15 minutes or until peppers are tender. Yield: 4-6 servings.
Originally published as Pork 'n' Potato Skillet in Country Pork 1996, p46
Reviews for Pork 'n' Potato Skillet
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review