- 4-1/2 teaspoons all-purpose flour
- 5 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce, divided
- 1 pork tenderloin (1 pound), cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 2 tablespoons plus 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup rice vinegar
- 1/4 cup sherry or additional reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1/4 teaspoon white pepper
- 2 teaspoons canola oil, divided
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 medium carrots, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh gingerroot
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup cubed fresh pineapple
- 1 large sweet red pepper, cut into 3/4-inch pieces
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced green onions
- Hot cooked rice, optional
- Place flour and 1 tablespoon soy sauce in a large resealable plastic bag; add pork. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- In a small bowl, combine the cornstarch, broth, brown sugar, vinegar, sherry, sesame oil, white pepper and remaining soy sauce until smooth; set aside.
- In a large skillet or wok, stir-fry pork in 1 teaspoon canola oil for 4-8 minutes or until meat is tender. Remove with a slotted spoon and keep warm.
- Stir-fry the onion, carrots and ginger in remaining oil for 3-4 minutes. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Add the pineapple, red pepper and green onions; stir-fry for 3-4 minutes or until vegetables are crisp-tender.
- Stir cornstarch mixture and add to the pan. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Return pork to the pan; heat through. Serve with rice if desired. Yield: 6 servings.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Pork 'n' Pineapple Stir-Fry
Sort By :
This is quite a refreshing dish and it is easy to be prepared. The combination of sourness, sweetness and saltiness will make this simple dish stand out of the crowd. If you wish to have stir fried pork which melt into your mouth .you probably should opt for tenderloin cut.
This was just O.K. - my family wants me to return to my regular sweet 'n sour pork recipe.
More Recipe Collections
- Asian Dinners >
- Asian Recipes >
- Carrot Recipes >
- Country Woman Dinner Recipes >
- Country Woman Recipes >
- Diabetic Dinner Recipes >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Low Fat Dinner Recipes & Main Dishes >
- Low Fat Recipes >
- Pork Dinner Recipes >
- Pork Main Dishes >