Pork 'n' Pineapple Fajitas Recipe
- 1 can (8 ounces) sliced pineapple
- 1 envelope fajita seasoning mix
- 1 pork tenderloin (1 pound)
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, sliced
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 4 flour tortillas (8 inches), warmed
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1 medium ripe avocado, peeled and sliced
- 1. Drain pineapple, reserving juice; set pineapple aside. In a large resealable plastic bag, combine seasoning mix and reserved juice; add the pork. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for 15 minutes.
- 2. Meanwhile, place the red pepper, onion and pineapple on a double thickness of heavy-duty foil (about 12 in. square). Fold foil around mixture and seal tightly.
- 3. Prepare grill for indirect heat. Drain and discard marinade from pork. Grill pork and foil packet, covered, over indirect medium heat for 20-35 minutes or until a thermometer inserted in the pork reads 145° and vegetables are tender. Remove from the grill. Cover pork and let stand for 5 minutes.
- 4. Cut tenderloin into strips; place on tortillas. Top with vegetable mixture, cheese and avocado; fold in sides. Yield: 4 servings.
1 fajita equals 523 calories, 22 g fat (8 g saturated fat), 88 mg cholesterol, 942 mg sodium, 45 g carbohydrate, 5 g fiber, 35 g protein.
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.