Pork 'n' Pepper Tortillas Recipe
- 1 boneless pork shoulder butt roast (3 pounds), halved
- 1 cup boiling water
- 2 teaspoons beef bouillon granules
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon dried basil
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon dried tarragon
- 1 teaspoon white pepper
- 2 medium onions, sliced
- 1 each large green, sweet red and yellow peppers, sliced
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 12 flour tortillas (8 inches), warmed
- Shredded lettuce, chopped ripe olives, sliced jalapeno peppers and sour cream, optional
- 1. Place roast in a 5-qt. slow cooker. Combine the water, bouillon, garlic and seasonings; pour over roast. Top with onions. Cover and cook on high for 1 hour. Reduce heat to low. Cook for 7-8 hours or until pork is very tender.
- 2. Remove meat; shred with two forks. Return to slow cooker; heat through. Meanwhile, in a skillet, saute peppers in butter until tender.
- 3. Using a slotted spoon, place about 1/2 cup pork and onion mixture down the center of each tortilla; top with peppers. Add toppings if desired. Fold sides of tortilla over filling; serve immediately. Yield: 12 servings.
1 tortilla equals 417 calories, 16 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 110 mg cholesterol, 489 mg sodium, 31 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 36 g protein.
Reviews for Pork 'n' Pepper Tortillas
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.