As a Texas native, I prefer spicy food. But since my husband and I both work nights (I'm a nurse), I also need quick dishes like this. I've taken it to parties at work, too, and most tasters enjoy it - with an icy cold soda in most cases! -Jacquie Baldwin, Raleigh, North Carolina
- 2 pounds boneless pork, cut into thin strips
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 medium jalapeno peppers, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 8 taco shells, warmed
- Shredded lettuce, shredded cheddar cheese, chopped tomato and salsa
- Saute pork in oil in a large skillet until lightly browned. Add onion and jalapenos; cook 5 minutes longer
- Stir in seasonings. Reduce heat; cover and cook for 5-10 minutes or until meat and vegetables are tender, stirring occasionally.
- Serve in taco shells with lettuce, cheese, tomato and salsa. Yield: 8 tacos.
Originally published as Pork 'n' Pepper Tacos in Country Woman July/August 1998, p31
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Pork 'n' Pepper Tacos
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review