Pork 'n' Pepper Tacos
As a Texas native, I prefer spicy food. But since my husband and I both work nights (I'm a nurse), I also need quick dishes like this. I've taken it to parties at work, too, and most tasters enjoy it - with an icy cold soda in most cases!
-Jacquie Baldwin, Raleigh, North Carolina
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 2 pounds boneless pork, cut into thin strips
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 medium jalapeno peppers, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 8 taco shells, warmed
- Shredded lettuce, shredded cheddar cheese, chopped tomato and salsa
- Saute pork in oil in a large skillet until lightly browned. Add onion
- and jalapenos; cook 5 minutes longer
- Stir in seasonings. Reduce heat; cover and cook for 5-10 minutes or
- until meat and vegetables are tender, stirring occasionally.
- Serve in taco shells with lettuce, cheese, tomato and salsa. Yield: 8
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (2 each) equals 530 calories, 28 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 133 mg cholesterol, 503 mg sodium, 18 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 49 g protein.
Wine: Sweet White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a