Pork 'n' Pepper Stir-fry Recipe
- 1-1/2 cups julienned celery
- 1 medium green or sweet red pepper, julienned
- 1 medium onion, cut into wedges
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1-1/4 cups cold water
- 1 cup cubed cooked pork, beef or chicken
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Hot cooked rice
- 1. In a skillet, stir-fry celery, green pepper, onion and garlic in oil until crisp-tender. Combine cornstarch and water until smooth; stir into vegetables. Add pork, soy sauce and salt. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Serve over rice. Yield: 4 servings.
1 cup equals 211 calories, 14 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 32 mg cholesterol, 668 mg sodium, 10 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 12 g protein.
Medium-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer