Pork 'n' Penne Skillet Recipe
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 pound boneless pork loin chops, cut into strips
- 2 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup chopped sweet red pepper
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 3 cups 2% milk
- 1 can (15 ounces) tomato sauce
- 2 cups uncooked penne
- 1. In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the flour, chili powder, salt and pepper. Add pork, a few pieces at a time, and shake to coat.
- 2. In a large skillet, cook the pork, mushrooms, onion, red pepper and oregano in oil and butter over medium heat for 4-6 minutes or until pork is browned. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer.
- 3. Add the milk, tomato sauce and pasta. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 15-20 minutes or until meat is tender. Yield: 8 servings.
1 serving (1 cup) equals 264 calories, 10 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 44 mg cholesterol, 546 mg sodium, 26 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 18 g protein.
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.