Pork 'n' Pear Lettuce Wraps Recipe
- 2 cups pear nectar
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh gingerroot
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 teaspoon coriander seeds, crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 Asian pears, peeled, halved and cored
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 pork tenderloin (3/4 pound)
- 10 green onions, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 10 Bibb or Boston lettuce leaves
- 1. In a small saucepan, combine the first five ingredients. Bring to a boil; reduce heat. Simmer until sauce is reduced to 1-1/4 cups; keep warm.
- 2. Combine brown sugar and cayenne; sprinkle over pears. Place on a greased broiler pan. Rub garlic and salt over tenderloin. Place on broiler pan with pears.
- 3. Broil 4-6 in. from the heat for 9 minutes. Turn; broil 7-9 minutes longer or until a meat thermometer reads 160° and pears are lightly browned. Let stand for 5 minutes.
- 4. Cut each pear half into five slices. Cut pork into 10 slices. Place two slices of pear, a slice of pork and onions on each lettuce leaf. Top with sauce; wrap lettuce around filling. Serve immediately. Yield: 10 wraps (1-1/4 cups sauce).
1 each: 141 calories, 4g fat (2g saturated fat), 25mg cholesterol, 272mg sodium, 21g carbohydrate (16g sugars, 3g fiber), 8g protein Diabetic Exchanges:1/2 starch, 1 lean meat, 1/2 fruit, 1/2 fat
Reviews for Pork 'n' Pear Lettuce Wraps
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.