Pork 'n' Pea Pod Stir-Fry Recipe
A spicy citrus sauce coats tender strips of pork and crisp snow peas in this speedy stir-fry from Jane Shapton of Irvine, California. "We like this dish extra spicy, so I use a tablespoon of red pepper flakes," Jane notes.
- 2 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1-1/2 teaspoons minced fresh gingerroot
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 3/4 pound pork tenderloin, cut into 2-inch strips
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/3 cup orange juice
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1 pound fresh snow peas
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon grated orange peel
- In a small bowl, combine the soy sauce, honey, ginger and pepper flakes. Place 3 tablespoons in a large resealable plastic bag; add the pork. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for 1 hour. Cover and refrigerate remaining marinade.
- Combine the cornstarch, orange juice, vinegar and reserved marinade; stir until blended and set aside. Drain and discard marinade from pork. In a large nonstick skillet or wok, stir-fry pork in oil for 4-5 minutes or until no longer pink. Remove pork and keep warm.
- In the same pan, stir-fry snow peas for 2-3 minutes or until crisp-tender. Stir in garlic and orange peel. Stir cornstarch mixture and stir into pan. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until thickened. Return pork to the pan; heat through. Yield: 3 servings.
Originally published as Pork 'n' Pea Pod Stir-Fry in Quick Cooking July/August 2005, p46
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Pork 'n' Pea Pod Stir-Fry(2)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
More Recipe Collections
- Asian Dinners >
- Asian Recipes >
- Diabetic Dinner Recipes >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Pea Recipes >
- Pork Dinner Recipes >
- Pork Main Dishes >
- Pork Recipes >
- Pork Tenderloin Recipes >
- Quick Dinner Recipes >
- Quick Pork Dinner Recipes >