Pork 'n' Napa Cabbage Recipe
“I’ve been making this one-dish pork dinner for more than 20 years,” writes Lisa Thomason from Ingleside, Illinois. “And it’s always been a favorite. It’s fast, flavorful and easy to double for guests.” TASTY TIP: Use fresh ginger and more red pepper to kick up the heat; add shredded carrots for extra color.
- 1-1/4 cups water, divided
- 3 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons reduced-fat chunky peanut butter
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon browning sauce, optional
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 pork tenderloin (1 pound), cut into 1-inch cubes
- 5 teaspoons canola oil, divided
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 5 cups thinly sliced napa or Chinese cabbage
- 1 cup thinly sliced carrots
- In a small bowl, combine 1 cup water, soy sauce, peanut butter, ginger, browning sauce if desired and red pepper flakes; set aside. In another bowl, combine cornstarch and remaining water until smooth; set aside.
- In a large nonstick skillet or wok, stir-fry pork in 2 teaspoons oil until browned. Remove and keep warm. In the same pan, saute onion and garlic in remaining oil for 2 minutes. Add cabbage and carrots; stir-fry 3-4 minutes longer or until crisp-tender.
- Return pork to the pan. Stir in peanut butter mixture. Stir cornstarch mixture and gradually stir into pork mixture. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Pork 'n' Napa Cabbage in Light & Tasty April/May 2006, p9
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Pork 'n' Napa Cabbage(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
More Recipe Collections
- Asian Dinners >
- Asian Recipes >
- Carrot Recipes >
- Diabetic Dinner Recipes >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Dinner Recipes >
- Healthy Dinners >
- Healthy Main Dishes >
- Healthy Recipes >
- Nut Recipes >
- Peanut Butter Recipes >
- Pork Dinner Recipes >
- Pork Main Dishes >