Pork 'N' Green Chili Tortillas
This tortilla recipe is a big hit with my family. I'm often asked to make it for special occasions.
6 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Cook: 30 min.
- 1/3 cup King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 pork tenderloins (1 pound each), cubed
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 6 cans (4 ounces each) chopped green chilies
- 1/2 cup salsa
- 12 flour tortillas (8 inches), warmed
- Shredded cheddar cheese
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the flour, salt and
- pepper; add the pork. Seal bag and toss to coat.
- In a large skillet, cook pork over medium heat in oil until no longer
- pink. Add chilies and salsa. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and
- simmer for 30 minutes or until meat is tender.
- Spoon 1/2 cup pork mixture down the center of each tortilla. Sprinkle
- with cheese; roll up. Yield: 6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (2 each) equals 697 calories, 34 g fat (15 g saturated fat), 102 mg cholesterol, 1,430 mg sodium, 60 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 37 g protein.