Pork 'n' Beans Bake
This dish always goes over big whatever I prepare it. Served with a green salad and warm bread. It's truly a taste treat.Betty Burt, Corinne, Utah
6-8 ServingsPrep: 20 min. Bake: 30 min.
- 1-1/2 pounds ground beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 3/4 cup chopped celery
- 2 cans (15-3/4 ounces each) pork and beans
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon ground mustard
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- In a large skillet, cook beef, onion, green pepper and celery over
- medium heat until the meat is no longer pink; drain. Add the
- remaining ingredients.
- Transfer to a greased 3-qt. baking dish. Bake, uncovered, at 375°
- for 30-35 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 6-8 servings.
You can make Pork 'N' Beans Bake even when it's too hot to turn on the oven Cook the beef, onion, green pepper and celery in a Dutch oven; drain. Add the remaining ingredients; simmer for 30 to 35 minutes or until heated through.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 213 calories, 8 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 42 mg cholesterol, 380 mg sodium,