Pork 'n' Beans Bake Recipe
This dish always goes over big whatever I prepare it. Served with a green salad and warm bread. It's truly a taste treat.—Betty Burt, Corinne, Utah
- 1-1/2 pounds ground beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 3/4 cup chopped celery
- 2 cans (15-3/4 ounces each) pork and beans
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon ground mustard
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1. In a large skillet, cook beef, onion, green pepper and celery over medium heat until the meat is no longer pink; drain. Add the remaining ingredients.
- 2. Transfer to a greased 3-qt. baking dish. Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 30-35 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 6-8 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 213 calories, 8 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 42 mg cholesterol, 380 mg sodium, 16 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 19 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC