This dish always goes over big whatever I prepare it. Served with a green salad and warm bread. It's truly a taste treat.—Betty Burt, Corinne, Utah
- 1-1/2 pounds ground beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 3/4 cup chopped celery
- 2 cans (15-3/4 ounces each) pork and beans
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon ground mustard
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- In a large skillet, cook beef, onion, green pepper and celery over medium heat until the meat is no longer pink; drain. Add the remaining ingredients.
- Transfer to a greased 3-qt. baking dish. Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 30-35 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Originally published as Pork 'n' Beans Bake in Taste of Home Ground Beef Cookbook 1999, p220
Reviews for Pork 'n' Beans Bake
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Jan. 10, 2009
"Delicious!! Thanks Betty.Luanne, New York"