Pork 'n' Bean Soup
I like to make this comforting soup at least once a month. It simmers on its own while you prepare the rest of the meal. Try adding cooked elbow noodles or cubed chicken.—Kelly Olson, Moab, Utah
6 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 2 cans (11 ounces each) pork and beans
- 1 can (15-1/2 ounces) great northern beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 package (16 ounces) frozen corn, thawed
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 3 pickled jalapeno peppers, seeded and chopped
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- In a large saucepan, combine the beans, corn, broth, peppers and
- garlic salt. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 20
- minutes or until heated through. Yield: 6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 cup) equals 182 calories, 2 g fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 1,296 mg sodium, 37 g carbohydrate, 8 g fiber, 10 g protein.