I like to make this comforting soup at least once a month. It simmers on its own while you prepare the rest of the meal. Try adding cooked elbow noodles or cubed chicken.—Kelly Olson, Moab, Utah
- 2 cans (11 ounces each) pork and beans
- 1 can (15-1/2 ounces) great northern beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 package (16 ounces) frozen corn, thawed
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 3 pickled jalapeno peppers, seeded and chopped
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- In a large saucepan, combine the beans, corn, broth, peppers and garlic salt. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 20 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Pork 'n' Bean Soup in Quick Cooking January/February 2004, p15
Reviews for Pork 'n' Bean Soup
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review