Pork & Vegetable Stir-Fry
“I love using leftovers from my pork roast this way!” This fantastic meal-in-one comes together in just 20 minutes. —Jeannie Klugh, Lancaster, Pennsylvania
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/4 cup unsweetened apple juice
- 2 tablespoons sherry or additional unsweetened apple juice
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 package (16 ounces) frozen stir-fry vegetable blend, thawed
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 2 cups cubed cooked pork
- 1/4 cup slivered almonds, toasted
- Hot cooked rice
- In a small bowl, combine the cornstarch, apple juice, sherry and soy
- sauce until smooth; set aside.
- Stir-fry vegetable blend and garlic in oil for 1-2 minutes or until
- vegetables are crisp-tender. Stir cornstarch mixture and add to the
- pan. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until
- thickened. Add pork; heat through. Sprinkle with almonds. Serve with
- rice. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 cup (calculated without rice) equals 306 calories, 13 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 63 mg cholesterol, 552 mg sodium, 20 g carbohydrate, 5 g fiber,