Pork & Tomato Pasta Sauce
“This is a favorite with my husband and two small children. Even my neighbors make it now. Simple ingredients, simple preparation, no fuss—just a great meal.” —Jackie Hughes, Baltimore, Maryland
5 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 pound Jimmy Dean® Premium Pork Sausage Roll
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes with basil, oregano and garlic, undrained
- 1/2 cup julienned oil-packed sun-dried tomatoes
- Hot cooked fettuccine
- In a large skillet, cook sausage over medium heat until no longer
- pink; drain.
- Stir in cream and tomatoes. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer,
- uncovered, for 15-20 minutes or until liquid is reduced by half.
- Serve with fettuccine. Yield: 5 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 cup (calculated without fettuccine) equals 561 calories, 54 g fat (28 g saturated fat), 163 mg cholesterol, 836 mg sodium, 12 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 10 g protein.
Wine: Full-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.