Pork & Tomato Pasta Sauce Recipe
- 1 pound bulk pork sausage
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes with basil, oregano and garlic, undrained
- 1/2 cup julienned oil-packed sun-dried tomatoes
- Hot cooked fettuccine
- 1. In a large skillet, cook sausage over medium heat until no longer pink; drain.
- 2. Stir in cream and tomatoes. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 15-20 minutes or until liquid is reduced by half. Serve with fettuccine. Yield: 5 servings.
1 cup (calculated without fettuccine) equals 561 calories, 54 g fat (28 g saturated fat), 163 mg cholesterol, 836 mg sodium, 12 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 10 g protein.
Reviews for Pork & Tomato Pasta Sauce
"Great flavor and really easy to make. Nice alternative to spaghetti and meatballs. Next time I make this I plan to use more tomatoes and less sausage to bring down the calories."
"Excellent. My husband's favorite!!"
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.